The Deployment

2.13.2006

Back At It, or, Arrggghhh (My Weight Lifting Bellow), or, Jack Is The Man

Tonight I decided to get back into the gym. I havn't gone in a while because I got really lazy when it came to gym matters. For about a month I was busy with work. We were going through a crap load of weapons making sure they were in good working order. And a crap load is a lot. I was working these crazy hours with no day off or anything and my body was on gym boycott.

Well now I am in love with the gym (again) as a way to pass time and blow off steam. With my leave dates looming around the corner the days have actually starting going backwards in time. So something to pass the time, I'm there.

About a week ago I became the happy owner of the newest Jack Johnson album. It is a unique album because it isn't your typical Jack album. The new album is the soundtrack for the movie Curious George. When I saw that the album was coming out soon, and that it was a soundtrack for a kids movie, thoughts of "selling out" began milling about in the cranium. Yet after the sampling you can do through iTunes and the subsequent purchase of the album I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the songs are a little off beat from a typical Jack album, but that is because they are songs written for specific spots in the movie. One of the best songs on there is a song about sharing. Very good song. I recommend the purchase. The best song on the album you can view as a music video. Title: Upside Down (go to the bonus video link). The great thing about this album is that it is an album for a kids movie, but well produced enough that adults will want to jam to Jack's smooth folksy beats. I do believe he might be one of the few artists who could actually pull this off.

Booya.

1 Comments:

  • Hey!
    Just wanted to let you know that I dropped by your site and I will hopefully keep reading.

    Nebraska supports you guys; we believe in you and what you fight for... God bless!

    A patriot in NE

    By Blogger The Patriot, at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home