The Deployment

2.12.2006

Randomness

So, I have drawn the conclusion that being on deployment doesn't lead to much variation in life. Thus, I will just throw out some randomness and see where it goes.

Tarah is very huge now. And by huge I mean her belly because we are having a child. It is the most beautiful thing I have seen in some time. The due date is barreling down on us hard and fast. I am guessing baby Rebekah will be with us in the first weeks of March.

I am also guessing that is the time I will be home on leave *deafening applause* which is being much discussed in the Davis household. It is wierd because by the time I will be home on leave I will have been gone for roughly 9 months. It has been the quickest drawn out 9 months I have ever had to go through. Quite the paradox I know. Deployment time spent is unlike any other time spent. I am ready to be home.

For the coffehouse we have been talking about freedom in Christ. It has been some of the best stuff I have studied and listened to for quite some time. One of our main points that we hit is how we so often open up ourselves to allow sin in. We invite it in, fall in love with it, date it, make love to it, then justify it away in our lives. All the while wonderinig where this "freedom" is that Jesus talks about in scripture. In the end we end up free but in bondage. Free because we have accepted the gift of salvation on the cross, but in bondage because we are a slave to that sin(s). Check out what Jesus has to say about it (John 8:31-36). Jesus was all about starting the freedom journey through the salvation experience and then moving forward in progressive freedom.

Along with the freedom thing and how you can help people who are in bondage, there is a book out there that is pure quality. The book is called "The Gutter" and written by a man with the name of Craig Gross. You can find the book for purchasing at this sweet website or you can go to the website started by him and another guy. Good stuff.

I just purchased the album "Illinois" by Sufjan Stevens. Double good stuff.


Yeah, so in three weeks, give or take, I will be responsible for another human being! Crazy, mind boggling, scary, mysterious, fear. Yet, I can't wait for it to get here. Fatherhood. Bring it on.

I really like the song "Jacksonville" by Sufjan Stevens from the aforementioned album just purchased on iTunes. I grew up 45 minutes from the town being talked about.

So, in the words of Cosmo Kramer, "I'm Out!"

1 Comments:

  • SUFJAN! YES PLEASE!!

    It is for freedom that Christ set us free. And it is for building up the body that we have freedom. And it is for the beautification of His bride that we build up the body. So we become slaves to Christ and that Massa is some sweet sassy molassy.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home