The Deployment

5.03.2006

Love That Old Time Religion

...or at least those old time hymns. There are just those certain hymns that strike a chord. This is one of those for me.

How Deep The Father's Love For Us
How deep the Father's love for us
how vast beyond all measure
that he should give his only Son
to make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss,
the Father turns His face away
as wounds which mar the Chosen One
bring many sons to glory.

Behold the Man upon the cross
my sin upon His shoulders
ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know what it is finshed.

I will not boast in anything
no gifts, no power, no wisdom
but I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection.
What should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
but this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom.

Check out what Isaiah had to say about it.

3 Comments:

  • We rehearsed that song last night for the worship service on Sunday at Lakeland. It is a great song. I'm quickly becoming more of a fan of hymns than any contemporary worship song. They're just so much fuller of Truth.

    Check this one out.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 11:23 AM  

  • Before the Throne of God, is my favorite song, not just my favorite hymn. Check out this link for a collection of old hymns. Some have been remade with guitar.

    RUF Hymnbook

    By Blogger Adam, at 11:41 AM  

  • That is a beautiful song. But I like "Before the throne of God" better!

    By Blogger Frazzledsister, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home