The Deployment

8.08.2006

Yes It Has Been 3 Months

Well. This entry has been a long time coming. For those of you who do not know, I am back from Iraq. I have been stateside since late June actually. So, sorry for the complete lack of blog entry. I chalk up this blog's desert existence to a couple of things actually:

1. I use Firefox for my web browser and it has this very conveinient feature built into the program. Firefox will remember my passwords and logins for me. NOT so conveinient when you come home and start using a different computer, and forgot your password and login the second Firefox asked you if you wanted it to remember them for you. And thus you get a blog with no entries for 3 months.

2. The aforementioned new computer that I am using has a blazing interent connection of 24.0 Kbps. Yes, dial up. So I tend to stear clear of anything that I think might take a week to load because of the slow connection. But, I can't really complain at all. Slow internet connection is better than no internet connection. Also due to my living conditions right now it is a free interent connection.

And there you have it. Also I have been wondering what to do with my current blog. Sadly it may be going into dormancy. Since the blog was created to keep anybody who cared up to date about my doings in Iraq the blog has run its course. I am no longer on deployment, and I am entering into a new season of my life with my wife and daughter. I think these new events might deserve a new blog. I hope anyone who kept up with what I was doing found my adventure to be a worthwhile read seen through the eyes of a man seeking hard after God.

Speaking of new blog I have joined a new blog. It is called M*A*S*H. A close group of guys and I are going to start a book club for lack of a better term. We are going to go through a chapter a week, from certain books, picked by the members of the group. Our first book is "Let the Nations Be Glad: The Supremacy of God in Missions" by John Piper. Add the blog to your list of links, it will make you more holy.

In the mean time I will keep cranking away on this blog until I find the motivation to come up with a new blog name and go from there. I would lovingly like to dedicate this blog entry to to my favorite BCM director. You have spurred me to this point.

2 Comments:

  • I'll let Dominic know.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 11:40 AM  

  • I added your blog to MilblogSearch.com

    Search Inside Milblogs and Only Milblogs
    http://www.milblogsearch.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home